We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
Wellington Gliding Club
$99 for a 15 to 25-Minute Gliding Experience (value $140) or $198 for 30 to 45-Minute Soaring Experience (value $250)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- The search for the ultimate present is over (or treat yourself to a natural high).
- Grab a trial or a soaring flight experience at Wellington Gliding Club from $99, and get a photo pack to treasure the memories forever.
- You get hands on flying experience as you soar like a bird above the amazing Kapiti Coast scenery in an advanced two seater DG 1000 glider, with an experienced instructor.
- Use the coupon yourself or gift it to another birdman or birdwoman (minimum age 15 years).
Is it a bird!? Is it a plane!? No, it's Superm... oh, wait, it is a plane. Or, more specifically, you, in a glider, having the time of your life learning how to glide like a pro.
Stop searching for that elusive Christmas gift, simply grab a 15 to 20-minute gliding experience starting from 2000ft, for only $99. Or $198 for a 30 - 45-minute soaring experience flight from 4000ft. You'll also get a photo pack, so you can remember this wicked experience.
Take control and learn how to soar through the skies so you can see Kapiti from an entirely new perspective. During the flight you'll have the opportunity to sit back, relax and become familiar with the sensation of silent flight, before taking control under the expert guidance of their fully qualified instructors. The flight is available to Grabbies between Monday and Friday (or subject to bookings at the weekend) and is a great way for new people to discover the fantastic sport of gliding.
The Wellington Gliding Club is fortunate to be based at the Paraparaumu airfield on the Kapiti coast 50km north of Wellington. The Paraparaumu location affords tremendous soaring possibilities for glider pilots and great scenery.
More Great Local Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.