We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other cool deals here.
Up to 53% off a Hot Thermal Pool Entry or a Wairakei Terraces Walkway Entry (value up to $25)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Bathe at the bottom of silica terraces in a series of hot pools that will keep you warm long after you have left the water.
- Grab up to 53% off entry to the thermal pools or entry to the Wairakei Terraces walkway.
- The Wairakei silica terraces are the crowing jewel in this mystical place and are forming naturally everyday providing a unique window into how the original pink and white versions once looked, a must see.
- Intricate Maori carvings posted throughout a one hour walk depict the stories and history of Maori and New Zealand
- The Wairakei Terraces will entertain and educate leaving you in awe of nature’s capacity to be fashioned yet still retaining a naturalness that is pleasing to the eye as well as the senses
A century ago, the bubbling and steaming lands of Waiora Valley brought travelers from far and wide by train, horse and on occasion by foot. They all traveled to soak in the therapeutic pools and marvel at the boiling earth amid the array of coloured silica’s and bright green ferns and mosses. Uncover why this is one of New Zealand's greatest spots, with today's great deal.
Explore the beauty of Wairakei Terraces. Choose from two great options thanks to Wairakei Terraces.
- Pay only $7 for entry to Wairakei Terraces walkway.
- Pay only $12 for a hot thermal pool entry.
Testimonies handed down through the years by affluent and noble men and women who came to ‘take the waters’ conveyed how one would feel revitalised and rejuvenated. Maori who settled here around 1000 years ago believed the waters contained healing powers and qualities that aided the treatment of skin diseases and brought relief to people suffering arthritic and rheumatic ailments.
The Wairakei Terraces & Thermal Health Spa have recreated a series of hot thermal pools which have been strategically positioned below silica terraces to take full advantage of the mineral enriched water that has been drawn to the earth’s surface from 1.5 km’s underground providing a ‘feel back in time’ sensation and an ideal setting for anyone wanting to indulge in something unique.
The Wairakei Terraces & Thermal Health Spa is located on the Thermal Explorer Highway; it borders the Wairakei steam field, across the road from the Wairakei Resort Hotel and next to the BP petrol station.
More Great Waikato Deals
t leaf T
ASB Auckland Seafood Festival 2015
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.