We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other fresh deals here.
Up to 53% off a Hot Thermal Pool Entry or a Wairakei Terraces Walkway Entry (value up to $25)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Bathe at the bottom of silica terraces in a series of hot pools that will keep you warm long after you have left the water.
- Grab up to 53% off entry to the thermal pools or entry to the Wairakei Terraces walkway.
- The Wairakei silica terraces are the crowing jewel in this mystical place and are forming naturally everyday providing a unique window into how the original pink and white versions once looked, a must see.
- Intricate Maori carvings posted throughout a one hour walk depict the stories and history of Maori and New Zealand
- The Wairakei Terraces will entertain and educate leaving you in awe of nature’s capacity to be fashioned yet still retaining a naturalness that is pleasing to the eye as well as the senses
A century ago, the bubbling and steaming lands of Waiora Valley brought travelers from far and wide by train, horse and on occasion by foot. They all traveled to soak in the therapeutic pools and marvel at the boiling earth amid the array of coloured silica’s and bright green ferns and mosses. Uncover why this is one of New Zealand's greatest spots, with today's great deal.
Explore the beauty of Wairakei Terraces. Choose from two great options thanks to Wairakei Terraces.
- Pay only $7 for entry to Wairakei Terraces walkway.
- Pay only $12 for a hot thermal pool entry.
Testimonies handed down through the years by affluent and noble men and women who came to ‘take the waters’ conveyed how one would feel revitalised and rejuvenated. Maori who settled here around 1000 years ago believed the waters contained healing powers and qualities that aided the treatment of skin diseases and brought relief to people suffering arthritic and rheumatic ailments.
The Wairakei Terraces & Thermal Health Spa have recreated a series of hot thermal pools which have been strategically positioned below silica terraces to take full advantage of the mineral enriched water that has been drawn to the earth’s surface from 1.5 km’s underground providing a ‘feel back in time’ sensation and an ideal setting for anyone wanting to indulge in something unique.
The Wairakei Terraces & Thermal Health Spa is located on the Thermal Explorer Highway; it borders the Wairakei steam field, across the road from the Wairakei Resort Hotel and next to the BP petrol station.
More Great Tauranga Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
GrabOne’s Voucher Guarantee means missing out on claiming your deal in time no longer means losing out altogether!
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
- If you don't use your voucher before that date for whatever reason, it can still be used as credit towards that service with that business for an additional three months.
For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still use the amount you paid for the voucher as credit towards a bungy jump, for another three months.
A few things to note:
- The GrabOne Voucher Guarantee does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- It's always best to use your voucher before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your vouchers are about to expire.
- During the extended Voucher Guarantee period, your voucher can only be put towards the service stated on the voucher.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the Voucher Guarantee can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.