We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other awesome deals here.
From $649 for a Two-Night Interislander/Coastal Wellington-Christchurch Escape for Two People, incl. Ferry Tickets with Interislander, Rail Tickets from Picton to Christchurch, & Two Nights' Accommodation (value $1,058)
- Take in an astonishingly wide range of sights and activities from a uniquely charming vantage point.
- Grab a Coastal Pacific escape between Wellington and Christchurch (in either direction) for two adults, including two nights of accommodation for just $649.
- Crossing 175 bridges, this rail journey allows you to view spectacular scenery between awesome mountains, the rugged sea and the inland patchwork of the North Canterbury plains.
From wine to whales, from shopping to surfing, from wild rivers to wildlife - the trip between Wellington and Christchurch offers so much to travellers. Take it all in from the charm and style of an unforgettable rail journey.
Pay just $649 for a Coastal Pacific escape between Wellington and Christchurch (in either direction) for two adults, including two nights of accommodation. The rail journey starts (or ends) in Picton, and two Interislander ferry tickets between Picton and Wellington are included. Or pay $940 for return travel (via Interislander/coastal), or $768 for return travel, one-way on the Interislander and a one-way flight back.
Surging along 98 kilometres of spectacular rugged coastline, the Coastal Escape rail journey is an adventure involving some truly stunning scenery. Along the rest of your journey you'll cross 175 bridges, marvel at mountains and sea and ride through majestic Kaikoura, home of many equally majestic whales. With two nights of accommodation included, this deal is your chance to experience a large and truly magnificent part of New Zealand, all in style and comfort.
- All reservations must be made by 15th MARCH 2013.
- Travel from 20th Feb 2013 to 30th September 2013.
- Once all components of the package have been confirmed these arrangements cannot be changed/amended without incurring hefty amendment fees. All services are based on “instant purchase” rules and therefore the various Principals conditions apply. We strongly recommend taking out a Domestic Cancellation travel insurance policy to cover against unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Cost from $20 per person.
- The package price includes two persons travelling together and staying in the same room. Additional costs will be incurred should a third person (adult or child) wish to travel with the coupon holder (prices on application).
- Sailings are daily departing Wellington at 08:15am or 1:05pm from Picton.
- Stays must be consecutive days. Extra days can be requested (will incur an additional cost).
- Hotel details will be provided at time of confirmation. Hotel will be a 3.5-star in either Wellington or Christchurch.
- Hotel rooms can normally accommodate up to three persons utilising existing bedding configuration. Extra cost is incurred if the 3rd person is an adult. Rollaway (when allowable and available) will incur an extra charge. Not all rooms can accommodate a rollaway.
- High season surcharges may apply
- An air option can be selected in the InterIslander/Coastal package. Seats may not always be available on every flight and will be subject to availability of seats in the Gitaway booking category. Your booking agent will discuss this with you when making your booking.
- Checked baggage is NOT included but can be added at the time of booking. Carry-on baggage is included up to 7kgs per person. Flights will be provided on Gitaway’s selected carrier. At the time of requesting your travel arrangements you will be asked to select a departure time. Whilst we will endeavour to meet this request it may not always be possible due to the capacity control of seat availability.
- TRANZ SCENIC Coastal Pacific service leaves either Picton or Christchurch daily. Rail services are subject to operational necessities and can be affected by maintenance requirements. Where, for reasons outside of our control, any component of your package is unavailable (for example due to weather conditions, mechanical failure or maintenance, change of schedule or other circumstances) we reserve the right to substitute reasonable alternative components to your package. Any changes to your original bookings due to unforeseen circumstances may incur additional charges to you. Insurance cover is strongly recommended
- Reservations are based on Gitaway Promotions “L” pricing category.
- As stays in our hotels, especially during the peak season, may vary on a daily basis our booking agent will provide the various options to you while discussing your travel requirements
- Travel can be taken either between Wellington and Christchurch or Christchurch to Wellington.
- Bookings will only be accepted by using the Gitaway booking form.
- Where for reasons outside of our control any component of your package is changed or becomes unavailable (for example due to weather conditions,mechanical failure or maintenance, change of schedule or other circumstances) we reserve the right to substitute reasonable alternative components to your package. Additional costs may be incurred and therefore it is strongly advised that you have adequate insurance to cover these circumstances.
- Each replacement component of your package is subject to any additional terms and conditions of the relevant service provider. All services are subject to operational / maintenance necessities and can therefore can be affected by unforeseen requirements. Insurance is strongly recommended. Once all components of the package have been confirmed these arrangements cannot be changed/amended without incurring hefty amendment fees. All services are based on “instant purchase” rules and therefore the various Principals conditions apply. We strongly recommend taking out a Domestic Cancellation travel insurance policy to cover against unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Cost from $20 per person. The package price includes two persons travelling together and staying in the same room. Additional costs will be incurred should a third person (adult or child) wish to travel with the coupon holder (prices on application).
More Great Taranaki Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.