We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other fresh deals here.
The Paddleboat Company
$22 for Two Hour Cruise on Lake Maraetai (value $45)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Experience a popular cruise that'll take you through breathtaking scenery.
- Grab a two-hour cruise on Lake Maraetai for $22 with The Paddleboat Company.
- Enjoy cruising on Otunui - New Zealand's oldest operating paddleboat.
- Make the most of the licensed bar on board with tea, coffee and snacks available.
- Take part in some of the activities the area has to offer with a walk up Mt Titiraupenga or river walking trails.
There's something wildly romantic and adventurous about paddleboats. Big or small, plain or ridiculously elegant and over the top, you can't help but feel like you're in a movie every time you step on one. The old style appearance and leisurely way in which they cruise makes you want to hop on board for an adventure to anywhere. Luckily for us Kiwis the scenic town of Mangakino has just the thing to propel you into your own movie.
Pay just $22 for a two-hour cruise on Lake Maraetai with The Paddleboat Company and enjoy checking out beautiful scenery from the comfort of an historic boat. The Otunui has more than 100 years of history in New Zealand and attracts tourists from near and far. Comfortably able to seat 48 passengers and with full commentary and food and snacks available, you'll love the experience of learning about Mangakino and seeing the most spectacular sights.
This popular cruise will expose you to amazing sights like vertical cliffs, drowned forests and a narrow river gorge. It'll be an adventure of a lifetime! You'll see native trees like Rimu and Tanekaha and a few birds like Swans and Teal as well as some trout and boar. This two-hour cruise heads down Lake Maraetai all the way into Mangakino Stream after passing the Waikato River Trail boardwalk. As you reach up stream the boat will be tied up so you can enjoy a warm or cool drink as you take in the scenery. With a full commentary you'll come out with knowledge about the area you never knew existed. The boats long and often thrilling history will make you feel like you becoming part of history too.
While in Mangakino why not enjoy, golf, kayaking, mountain biking, trout fishing, with accommodation available and free camping at the lakeside.
More Great Local Deals
Life Acupuncture Clinic
t leaf T
ASB Auckland Seafood Festival 2015
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.