We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
Tamaki Maori Village
$49 for Journey of Ages Cultural Experience at Tamaki Maori Village (value $105)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Experience first-hand the history of Aotearoa before Europeans came ashore with Tamaki Tours.
- Pay $49 for an adult ticket or $19 for a child's.
- Participate in a traditional Maori welcome, enjoy the interactive experience in the pre-European village, and enjoy the 30-minute cultural performance.
- Wrap the whole night up with a traditional hangi meal - buffet style.
Our fair Land of the Long White Cloud has a simply fascinating history. We're a land founded on myth and legend, confrontations and warfare, Maori discovery and European civilisation. We might be one of the most isolated nations in the world but we've certainly got one of the most interesting beginnings.
And today, with GrabOne and Tamaki Tours, you can take a stroll back in time to the beginning of our history for just $49. Enjoy a fascinating re-enactment of Rotorua's unique history before Europeans landed on our shores, and experience first-hand the very beginnings of the Maori culture. Take the kids along for $19 too, and make it a real family outing.
Journey of Ages is the first story in the Chronicles of Uitara tale, a story about the powerful story of the development of Maori culture and Aotearoa, told across many generations of a single family. Created by Tamaki Tours, Journey of Ages is set many years before Europeans have arrived in Aotearoa, the still-new Maori culture is developing its own unique rituals and traditions. Maori tribes are being formed, land is being claimed and warfare is rife.
It is in this context that you and your fellow guests will approach the ancient Maori forest village of Ngati Tama and, guided by The Storyteller, come face to face with a revered sect of Maori warriors. Here you meet Uitara IV. Though still a young man, he has become famous throughout the land for his physical prowess. Uitara is ambitious and hungry for war, so when news arrives that the fearless warlord Te Ao Huri is en route and recruiting Maori warriors for a rampage in to the south, Uitara IV is eager to enlist.
This is an amazing re-enactment of genuine Maori history based on a true story, real characters and actual events over almost four hours. And the traditional and delicious Hangi feast is definitely the highlight of the night! You’ll share in ancient ceremonies of welcome and farewell, and experience the lifestyles and warrior traditions of pre-European times.
Tamaki Tours is open everyday of the year except Christmas Day, and the standard show time is at 6:30pm. Free transport is available to and from all Rotorua accommodation - just ask about this when booking. The bus departs Rotorua at 6pm and returns at 9:30pm.
More Great Local Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.