We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other cool deals here.
The Taieri Gorge Railway & Newtons Heritage Tours
$59 for a Heritage Highlights Bus Tour & Return Trip to Pukerangi via Taieri Gorge Railway (value $109)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Head out on an adventure across one of New Zealand's richest landscapes.
- Grab one adult's and one child's pass on the 'Heritage Highlights' bus tour with return train trip to Pukerangi thanks to Newtons and Taieri Gorge Railway for only $59.
- Enjoy full commentary as you wander thorugh the very best Dunedin has to offer including the Art Gallery and University of Otago.
- Learn and discover fascinating new things and share the experience with your lucky child.
Even though they may throw the occasional tantrum or bring home a letter from the teacher, your child still deserves a fun day out every now and again. Instead of taking them to the library or making yourself suffer through a movie of their choice, why not take up this great offer and go on an adventure across one of New Zealand's richest landscapes?
For only $59, you can explore the very best Dunedin has to offer with one adult's pass on the 'Heritage Highlights' bus tour with return train trip to Pukerangi thanks to Newtons and Taieri Gorge Railway. An adult pass also allows for the inclusion of one child entry for no extra cost (up to 15 years old).
Start the day by boarding the Newtons Double Decker bus to experience New Zealand’s “Heritage Highlights” tour from the comfort and height of a double-decker bus. You'll be taken back in time to a Scottish settlement in 1848 and lead you through a fascinating history to a vibrant and enchanting present day Dunedin. The tour includes:
- University of Otago
- First Daily Newspaper
- Excellent hilltop cityscape photo opportunities
- First chocolate factory
- First Art Gallery
- First gas street lighting
- The New Zealand’s first University
- Worlds Steepest street
- Impressive ornate cathedral church and building architecture
- The site on New Zealand’s first cable car …and much more!
- An entertaining and informative commentary
Then it's time for photographs at the iconic Dunedin Railway Station or a chance to visit the Sports Hall of Fame, NZ’s only sports Museum which is located within the building. Then climb on board this majestic grand lady, The Taieri Gorge Train, complete with heritage carriages, panoramic windows and the following on all trips:
- Live commentary
- Modern and traditional carriages
- Fully licensed snack bar and café
- Open air platforms
- Photo stops en route
For those looking for a different trip or may have done the Pukerangi trip before, there is also an option to enjoy “The Seasider “. It's a four hour return trip (available on Fridays only) which follows the Pacific coastline with breathtaking cliff top scenery, complete with tunnels arriving in Palmerston, a small highway town with time allowed to visit the museum, café’s and curiosity shops before returning to Dunedin.