We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
Discovery Tours, Lord of the Rings Tour
49% off Lord of the Rings Tour with Discovery Tours (value up to $79)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Transport yourself to Middle Earth and be a part of movie magic.
- Grab a one-hour Lord of the Rings Tour for $40 or a two-hour tour for $30 from Discovery Tours.
- Try out props and costumes from the movies and learn about what goes on behind the scenes.
- Buy extra vouchers for friends or family.
I'm a Geek with a capital G and proud of it. I believe that Dungeons and Dragons should be an Olympic event, that it will one day soon be possible to bend the space-time continuum to our will, and that the Lord of the Rings trilogy is the most significant film event of our times.
If you're an out and proud geek just like me then this deal is for you. Courtesy of Discovery Tours, take a one-hour Lord of the Rings tour for $30 or a two-hour tour for $40. These tours let you escape from everyday life and be a part of the magic of Middle Earth. Walk where King Theoden walked. Stand where Gandalf stood. Tread the path of Godorian warriors and experience a part of film history.
As well as walking the hallowed grounds of Middle Earth, your tour will also include fascinating behind the scenes insights into the making of one of the most successful film franchises ever. Let your geek flag fly as you slip on a limited edition Gondorian helmet and hold aloft an offical replica LOTR sword. Discovery Tours are the only tour operators with access to these very special South Island locations and they have entertained thousands of film buffs since 2003. Even if you're not a LOTR fan, this tour is not to be missed. With every tour limited to a maximum of nine people, they ensure an intimate, interactive and fun trip for everyone. You shall not pass up this magical experience!
More Great Local Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.