We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other cool deals here.
GreatSights New Zealand
$209 for a Waitomo & Hobbiton Day Tour - Auckland Return Trip (value $319)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- If getting into Middle Earth was this easy for Frodo, Lord of the Rings would have been a much shorter story.
- Grab a Waitomo Glowworm and Hobbiton tour (Auckland to Auckland) with GreatSights for only $209.
- Discover a stunning subterranean world lit up by thousands of glowworms.
- Enjoy a tour of the scenes where the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed.
- Get snacks along the way and a picnic style lunch as you enjoy the great scenery.
At least once during any magic show, you'll hear, 'Prepare to be amazed!' before the magician proceeds to astound you and make your jaw hit the floor. Well, today, think of New Zealand as the magician with a trick that's sure to leave you absolutely gobsmacked.
Grab a Waitomo Glowworm and Hobbiton tour (Auckland to Auckland) with GreatSights for only $209.
Leaving Auckland in the morning by deluxe GreatSights coach we travel through the lush farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions. Enjoy a morning snack as you drive past Rangiriri, the location of an historic Maori Land Wars site.
On arrival in the small town of Waitomo enjoy a guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves with their amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations. We finish the tour with a silent yet magical boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - a subterranean cavern lit up by the lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Leaving Waitomo enjoy a delicious picnic style lunch (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request) as you make our way to Rotorua. You'll arrive at the Agrodome on the outskirts of Rotorua where you will transfer onto the Hobbiton Movie Set coach tour.
Enjoy a scenic drive across the Kaimai Ranges to the picturesque 1,250 acre farm near Matamata where scenes from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed. Learn how this beautiful farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle-earth. Your guide will show you Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill and many other structures from the movies.
Upon completion of the movie set tour you will be transferred to the small rural town of Matamata where you will enjoy some free time before boarding the GreatSights coach for the final part of the day as you return to Auckland.
More Great Northland Deals
Big Boys Toys
Getting more bang for your buck
GrabOne’s Voucher Guarantee means missing out on claiming your deal in time no longer means losing out altogether!
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
- If you don't use your voucher before that date for whatever reason, it can still be used towards that service with that business for an additional 30 days.
For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still use the amount you paid for the voucher towards a bungy jump, for another 30 days.
A few things to note:
- The GrabOne Voucher Guarantee does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- It's always best to use your voucher before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your vouchers are about to expire.
- During the extended Voucher Guarantee period, your voucher can only be put towards the service stated on the voucher.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the Voucher Guarantee can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.