We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other cool deals here.
The Marathon Chef
$120 for Two, $180 for Four or $240 for Six People for a Three-Hour Cooking Demonstration & Eight Course Degustation Meal
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Get the skills to create a meal to truly impress, so you can become a culinary sensation.
- Grab a three-hour cooking demonstration and an eight course degustation for two people for $120, four people for $180 or six people for $240.
- Learn from a Michelin star chef with over 30 years of experience in specialising in Mediterranean cuisine.
If your cooking skills are as terrible as watching a naive American trying to figure out the concept of chopsticks, then now is your chance to learn from the best.
Grab a three-hour cooking demonstration and an eight course degustation for two people for $120, four people for $180 or six people for $240.
Let Sergio Guzzardi (the Marathon Chef), an incredibly skilled and Michelin star chef, take you on a culinary journey to the heart of Italy. He has over 30 years of experience, specialising in Mediterranean cuisine, and has worked at some of the best restaurants on the planet. With this special offer, Sergio provide an extensive personalised menu, recipes for every dish prepared, a list of 'kitchen vocab', a 'plan of action' list and recent related popular culture/academic articles related to your private cooking class. With the three hour cooking classes you'll learn how to make a whole raft of delicious creations that are sure to add a bit of pizzazz to your cooking. The price includes all the food and ingredients required and a delicious sit down eight-course degustation.
Eight-course degustation includes:
- Pappa al Pomodoro Estiva
- Summer cold fresh tomato and basil Tuscan soup
- Risotto agli Asparagi
- Arborio rice risotto with asparagus and parmesan
- Tortelli di spinaci e ricotta con salsa al burro e salvia
- House-made tortelli pasta filled with spinach and ricotta cheese, with butter, sage and parmesan sauce
- Pappardelle al ragu' d'Agnello
House-made pappardelle pasta with leg of lamb ragout and rosemary oil
- Pesce del giorno con Cozze nel loro brodo e Zafferano
- Fish fillet of the day, mussels broth, cream and saffron, with zucchini.
- Sorbetto al Limone
- House made lemon sorbet - to clean the palette.
- Bistecca di Manzo agli odori e Aceto Balsamico
- Sliced pan-fried sirloin of beef steak with fresh thyme mirepoix of vegetable, modena balsamic vinegar sauce, with hot mustard potatoes puree
- Profiteroles Mini choux
- Paste buns topped with dark chocolate and filled with espresso crème patissiere, with raspberry coulis and crème anglaise
More Great Local Deals
Powderhorn Chateau - Ohakune
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.