We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
GreatSights New Zealand
$209 for a Waitomo & Hobbiton Day Tour - Auckland Return Trip (value $319)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- If getting into Middle Earth was this easy for Frodo, Lord of the Rings would have been a much shorter story.
- Grab a Waitomo Glowworm and Hobbiton tour (Auckland to Auckland) with GreatSights for only $209.
- Discover a stunning subterranean world lit up by thousands of glowworms.
- Enjoy a tour of the scenes where the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed.
- Get snacks along the way and a picnic style lunch as you enjoy the great scenery.
At least once during any magic show, you'll hear, 'Prepare to be amazed!' before the magician proceeds to astound you and make your jaw hit the floor. Well, today, think of New Zealand as the magician with a trick that's sure to leave you absolutely gobsmacked.
Grab a Waitomo Glowworm and Hobbiton tour (Auckland to Auckland) with GreatSights for only $209.
Leaving Auckland in the morning by deluxe GreatSights coach we travel through the lush farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions. Enjoy a morning snack as you drive past Rangiriri, the location of an historic Maori Land Wars site.
On arrival in the small town of Waitomo enjoy a guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves with their amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations. We finish the tour with a silent yet magical boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - a subterranean cavern lit up by the lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Leaving Waitomo enjoy a delicious picnic style lunch (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request) as you make our way to Rotorua. You'll arrive at the Agrodome on the outskirts of Rotorua where you will transfer onto the Hobbiton Movie Set coach tour.
Enjoy a scenic drive across the Kaimai Ranges to the picturesque 1,250 acre farm near Matamata where scenes from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed. Learn how this beautiful farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle-earth. Your guide will show you Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill and many other structures from the movies.
Upon completion of the movie set tour you will be transferred to the small rural town of Matamata where you will enjoy some free time before boarding the GreatSights coach for the final part of the day as you return to Auckland.
More Great Local Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
A few things to note:
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.