We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
Tranz Alpine Escape
$499 for for a Tranz Alpine & Kingsgate Hotel Escape for Two incl. Full Buffet Breakfasts & a $50 Food & Beverage Voucher (value up to $1,256)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Hop on a train and experience one of the world's greatest train journeys.
- Grab a Tranz Alpine and hotel escape for two people for $499 or pay $549 to include car rental.
- Enjoy a $50 food and beverage voucher and full buffet breakfasts during your stay.
- Take in beautiful sights of the Canterbury plains and Arthur's Pass.
- Relax in your stunning hotel room with a riverside location.
In the American Old West, train robberies were a frequent occurrence often glamorized in old Hollywood films. Thank goodness they beefed up security since then and the fact that we live in beautiful old New Zealand.
Get up to 45% off a Tranz Alpine and Kingsgate hotel escape for two people from Gitaway Promotions and choose from the following three options:
- Pay $499 for a one-way rail journey on the Tranz Alpine (Christchurch to Greymouth), transfer from the station to your hotel, two nights in a standard hotel room and a $50 hotel dining voucher
- Pay $549 for a one-way rail journey, transfer from the station to your hotel, two nights in a standard hotel room, three day car rental in Greymouth (you can take your rental car to Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin or Picton – extra cost and minimum five day hire applies) and a $50 hotel dining voucher
- Pay $729 for a return rail journey, transfer from the station to your hotel and return, two nights in a standard hotel room and a $50 hotel dining voucher
Tranz Alpine Scenic Train
Travelling between Christchurch and Greymouth, this scenic train ride is one of the most famous in the world. From your carriage you'll take in views of the Canterbury Plains and the gorges and river valleys of the Waimakariri River. You'll then reach the Southern Alps before ending up in the West Coast town of Greymouth. Ideal for honeymooners or anyone with a keen sense of adventure, this is one long ride where you'll never find yourself twiddling your thumbs.
Kingsgate Hotel: Greymouth
Located right in the centre of town, the Kingsgate Hotel offers comfortable and modern furnishings with easy access to the West Coast's scenic attractions. Your standard room including Sky TV, internet connection, tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar. Use your $50 dining voucher at Alberts Restaurant which can be found right on site. Serving breakfast lunch and dinner you'll be set for a fine meal to give you energy for the day ahead, or a quiet dinner after a long and exciting day.
- All reservations must be made by 30 January 2013. No bookings to be made for travel within five working days of submitting your online booking form. Travel from 8 November 12 to 30 April 13
- Once all components of the package have been confirmed these arrangements cannot be changed/amended without incurring hefty amendment fees. All services are based on “instant purchase” rules and therefore the various Principals conditions apply. We strongly recommend taking out a Domestic Cancellation travel insurance policy to cover against unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Cost from $20 per person.
- The package price includes two persons travelling together and staying in the same room. Additional costs will be incurred should a third person (adult or child) wish to travel with the coupon holder (prices on application).
- Departures are daily departing Christchurch at 08:15am or 1:45pm from Greymouth excluding Christmas Day.
- Stays must be consecutive days. Extra days can be requested (at an additional cost).
- Hotel rooms can normally accommodate up to three persons utilising existing bedding configuration.
- Extra cost is incurred if the 3rd person is an adult. Rollaway (when allowable and available) will incur an extra charge. Not all rooms can accommodate a rollaway.
- Rail services are subject to operational necessities and can be affected by maintenance requirements. Where, for reasons outside of Gitaway's control, any component of your package is unavailable (for example due to weather conditions, mechanical failure or maintenance, change of schedule or other circumstances) they reserve the right to substitute reasonable alternative components to your package. Any changes to your original bookings due to unforeseen circumstances may incur additional charges to you. Insurance cover is strongly recommended
- Three day hire (must be consecutive days)
- Can be taken at any time during your stay
- Additional days can be arranged should you require your car for a longer period. An extra charge will be incurred for hires beyond the three days
- Package price (when car option chosen) includes: Automatic 4 door 1.5L sedan (or similar)
- Insurance to reduce excess down to $0 (this amount does vary between suppliers) is not included and can be purchases at time of car pick up. Driver/s must be over 18 yrs of age or older holding a full drivers license (in English or with a suitable translation)
- Car upgrades available (at an additional charge)
- Vehicle rental is based on a Greymouth depot pickup with a drop off at Greymouth depot. For those wishing to drop the vehicle at Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin or Picton, this is permissible (at an extra cost and a minimum 5 day hire). Your booking Agent will assist with this.
- High Season Surcharge of $5 per day for rentals from 23 DEC 12 to 10 APR 13
- Reservations are based on Gitaway Promotions “L” pricing category.
- As stays in our hotels, especially during the peak season, may vary on a daily basis our booking agent will provide the various options to you while discussing your travel requirements
- Travel can be taken either between Christchurch and Greymouth or Greymouth to Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin or Picton (extra cost applies and a minimum 5 day hire)
- Bookings will only be accepted by using the Gitaway online booking form.
- Where for reasons outside of Gitaway's control any component of your package is changed or becomes unavailable (for example due to weather conditions, mechanical failure or maintenance, change of schedule or other circumstances) they reserve the right to substitute reasonable alternative components to your package.
- Additional costs may be incurred and therefore it is strongly advised that you have adequate insurance to cover these circumstances.
- Each replacement component of your package is subject to any additional terms and conditions of the relevant service provider.
- All services are subject to operational / maintenance necessities and can therefore can be affected by unforeseen requirements. Insurance is strongly recommended
Buy with confidence with GrabOne Escapes.
Found an escape you like the look of? Keen to make your booking? Purchase the package then contact the accommodation provider direct to make your booking. If you call them within 48 hours of purchasing your GrabOne offer and cannot secure the date you want, simply email or call our Helpdesk team and we will happily refund your purchase.
More Great Local Deals
Central Otago Cherry Team
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
GrabOne’s Voucher Guarantee means missing out on claiming your deal in time no longer means losing out altogether!
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
- If you don't use your voucher before that date for whatever reason, it can still be used towards that service with that business for an additional 30 days.
For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still use the amount you paid for the voucher towards a bungy jump, for another 30 days.
A few things to note:
- The GrabOne Voucher Guarantee does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- It's always best to use your voucher before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your vouchers are about to expire.
- During the extended Voucher Guarantee period, your voucher can only be put towards the service stated on the voucher.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the Voucher Guarantee can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.