We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
The Dunedin Chinese Garden
$12 for an Annual Pass to The Dunedin Chinese Garden incl. Pot of Traditional Chinese Tea & Fortune Cookies (value $25)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Experience a slice of Chinese history by wandering through the Dunedin Chinese Garden.
- Pay just $12 for an annual pass and receive a traditional pot of Chinese tea and two fortune cookies on your first visit.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and relax in the stunning and immaculate gardens.
- Centrally-located and close to other iconic Dunedin locations.
- Purchase a bunch and gift them to some friends. It's a great Christmas present and they'll give you a lovely gift card to make it look more festive!
There have been some incredible cultivated gardens in China for thousands of years; the earliest recorded garden was created during the Shang Dynasty as far back as 16000 B.C! Unfortunately, most Kiwis don’t have the opportunity to travel to that distant land and see them in their natural form. The Dunedin Chinese Garden is one of only three outside China and the first of its kind to be created in the southern hemisphere – and you’ll have had the chance to see it.
Celebrate Dunedin's unique Chinese heritage by taking a stroll through the Dunedin Chinese Garden, located next to the Otago Settlers' Museum and near the heart of the city. Wander through a part of Dunedin's history that you may not have even realised existed. For just $12 you can pick up an annual pass and visit this unique location as often as you like throughout the year. In addition, you’ll also receive a pot of traditional Chinese tea and two fortune cookies on your first visit.
The Chinese garden, also known as a Chinese classical garden, is a style of landscape garden which recreates natural landscapes in miniature. Centred on a large lake, the Dunedin Chinese Garden is in the traditional Yuanlin style. Construction and design was closely supervised by Shanghai Museum and architects from that city, and much of today's garden was pre-fabricated in Shanghai on a site identical to that in Dunedin, then dismantled and re-assembled in New Zealand. And with a four-metre perimeter wall, the garden is a private and secluded escape from the rest of the busy city.
On your first visit, you'll also be treated to a traditional pot of Chinese tea. With five different varieties to choose from, all served in authentic clay pots and cups, it'll help increase your immersion in the Chinese culture. You'll also receive two fortune cookies which you could enjoy with your own lunch and picnic that you're welcome to bring along.
The Dunedin Chinese Garden is open every day from 10.00am until 5.00pm, and they also have evening viewings every Wednesday from 7.00pm to 9.00pm. Children aged under 13 can experience the garden for free when accompanied by an adult. This makes for a great Christmas gift, and if you like Dunedin Chinese garden can provide you with a lovely gift card to use at no extra cost!
More Great Local Deals
Peppers Clearwater Resort - Christchurch, Canterbury
Deals in Other Regions
Nelson - Marlborough
Dunedin - Invercargill
Queenstown - Wanaka
Getting more bang for your buck
GrabOne’s Voucher Guarantee means missing out on claiming your deal in time no longer means losing out altogether!
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
- If you don't use your voucher before that date for whatever reason, it can still be used towards that service with that business for an additional 30 days.
For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still use the amount you paid for the voucher towards a bungy jump, for another 30 days.
A few things to note:
- The GrabOne Voucher Guarantee does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- It's always best to use your voucher before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your vouchers are about to expire.
- During the extended Voucher Guarantee period, your voucher can only be put towards the service stated on the voucher.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the Voucher Guarantee can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.