We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
Aikido Shinryukan Canterbury
$20 for One-Month Membership (value $40)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Aikido is an effective form of self-defence and a great way of keeping in shape.
- Grab a one-month membership at Aikido Shinryukan Canterbury for just $20!
- There are two Dojos to choose from, Linwood and Burnside.
- Train with qualified instructors - they love what they do - odds are you'll love it too!
You've watched a lot of Hollywood blockbusters... you've seen epic fight scenes and a whole range of cool punches and damaging kicks. You've even imagined what it'd be like if you had moves that mean. The truth is - it works well on a film set, not so much in real life - winning by severely hurting someone else? That doesn't feel good.
That's where Aikido comes in - it gives you a way to avoid harm without inflicting permanent injury on your aggressor. Today you can grab yourself a full month membership with Aikido Shinryukan Canterbury for just $20. At that price this deal wont inflict any damage on your bank balance either.
If you've even seen Aikido performed in real life - you'll know just how cool it is. The name Aikido means "the way of spiritual harmony" - it's different from other Japanese martial arts in the sense that it controls the attacker by utilizing their oncoming force. You don't have to the biggest, or the toughest - this will teach you to how to get around size and brute force. It's not a sport or a competition, this is more about finding your balance than your inner Vin Diesel.
Aikido Shinryukan Canterbury has two different Dojos and you can drop in to either one with your one-month membership. There are a variety of sessions and you can check out the timetables for the Burnside Dojo and the Linwood Dojo online. The instructors are highly qualified and there's plenty of room to progress through the stages if you plan on sticking with Aikido for a while.
More Great Local Deals
The China Kitchen
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.