We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other awesome deals here.
Air Force Museum of New Zealand
Up to 57% off a Behind The Scenes Tour, Flight Simulator Experience & History of Museum Book
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Experience a piece of World War Two and check out the awesome collection of aviation planes, gear and memorabilia.
- Grab a behind the scenes tour and five-minute flight simulator experience from $10 from the Air Force Museum of New Zealand.
- Search for battleships in Norwegian Fiords from your replica Mosquito cockpit on the flight simulator.
- See all the latest aircraft restoration projects in action right before your eyes and explore the large storage hanger which is home to 11 aircraft on the guided, behind-the-scenes tour.
- Get a collectable 58-page history book too!
- A great gift to give for Christmas.
There's something quite magical about the aircraft of yesteryear. War planes, the first passenger planes, fighter jets from years gone by...it's incredible to think how far we've come from the big, clunky planes that were built so long ago. And it's incredible to get up close and see them for yourself, it makes you wonder what amazing things this machine would have seen in it's lifetime. You can get lost in the "mystery of history" at times like this, and it's a real buzz - today we're giving you the rare opportunity to see some of these mechanical beasts for yourself, up close and personal.
Grab one behind the scenes tour and five-minute flight simulator experience for $10, two for $15 or four for $28 from the Air Force Museum of New Zealand. And, as if the exciting memories weren't enough, you'll also get a 58-page collectable history book too!
The Behind the Scenes tour will give you an insider's view of aircraft restoration projects, including the wooden Airspeed Oxford (flown between 1938 and 1954), the Curtis P-40 Kittyhawk fighter (used in World War Two, 1942 - 1945), and the the Vickers Vildebeest Mk III (flown from 1935 - 1944).
The Mosquito Flight Simulator now has had a major upgrade with redesigned graphics to make your experience more life-like than ever before! You can relive one of World War II's most thrilling aerial raids as you fly the Mosquito over the Norwegian fiords in search of German battleships while sitting in a replica Mosquito cockpit. This fantastic audio-visual experience uses high quality graphics to re-create the experience of a World War Two air raid.
The Air Force Museum holds the national collection of the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF), and it's role is to preserve and present the history of New Zealand's military aviation through its collection. Entry to the museum is free so after the tour, why not take a walk through the collections and see the most interesting pieces of New Zealand aviation history.
The Behind the Scenes Tour lasts 45 minutes to an hour, and runs three times a day, seven days a week at 11am, 1.30pm and 3pm. To make your booking (03) 343 9544, and remember this great deal is valid for public and school holidays!
More Great Local Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Nelson - Marlborough
Dunedin - Invercargill
Queenstown - Wanaka
Getting more bang for your buck
GrabOne’s Voucher Guarantee means missing out on claiming your deal in time no longer means losing out altogether!
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
- If you don't use your voucher before that date for whatever reason, it can still be used as credit towards that service with that business for an additional three months.
For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still use the amount you paid for the voucher as credit towards a bungy jump, for another three months.
A few things to note:
- The GrabOne Voucher Guarantee does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- It's always best to use your voucher before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your vouchers are about to expire.
- During the extended Voucher Guarantee period, your voucher can only be put towards the service stated on the voucher.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the Voucher Guarantee can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.