We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other fresh deals here.
Air Force Museum of New Zealand
Up to 57% off a Behind The Scenes Tour, Flight Simulator Experience & History of Museum Book
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Experience a piece of World War Two and check out the awesome collection of aviation planes, gear and memorabilia.
- Grab a behind the scenes tour and five-minute flight simulator experience from $10 from the Air Force Museum of New Zealand.
- Search for battleships in Norwegian Fiords from your replica Mosquito cockpit on the flight simulator.
- See all the latest aircraft restoration projects in action right before your eyes and explore the large storage hanger which is home to 11 aircraft on the guided, behind-the-scenes tour.
- Get a collectable 58-page history book too!
- A great gift to give for Christmas.
There's something quite magical about the aircraft of yesteryear. War planes, the first passenger planes, fighter jets from years gone by...it's incredible to think how far we've come from the big, clunky planes that were built so long ago. And it's incredible to get up close and see them for yourself, it makes you wonder what amazing things this machine would have seen in it's lifetime. You can get lost in the "mystery of history" at times like this, and it's a real buzz - today we're giving you the rare opportunity to see some of these mechanical beasts for yourself, up close and personal.
Grab one behind the scenes tour and five-minute flight simulator experience for $10, two for $15 or four for $28 from the Air Force Museum of New Zealand. And, as if the exciting memories weren't enough, you'll also get a 58-page collectable history book too!
The Behind the Scenes tour will give you an insider's view of aircraft restoration projects, including the wooden Airspeed Oxford (flown between 1938 and 1954), the Curtis P-40 Kittyhawk fighter (used in World War Two, 1942 - 1945), and the the Vickers Vildebeest Mk III (flown from 1935 - 1944).
The Mosquito Flight Simulator now has had a major upgrade with redesigned graphics to make your experience more life-like than ever before! You can relive one of World War II's most thrilling aerial raids as you fly the Mosquito over the Norwegian fiords in search of German battleships while sitting in a replica Mosquito cockpit. This fantastic audio-visual experience uses high quality graphics to re-create the experience of a World War Two air raid.
The Air Force Museum holds the national collection of the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF), and it's role is to preserve and present the history of New Zealand's military aviation through its collection. Entry to the museum is free so after the tour, why not take a walk through the collections and see the most interesting pieces of New Zealand aviation history.
The Behind the Scenes Tour lasts 45 minutes to an hour, and runs three times a day, seven days a week at 11am, 1.30pm and 3pm. To make your booking (03) 343 9544, and remember this great deal is valid for public and school holidays!
More Great Local Deals
Vistaprint New Zealand
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.