We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other fresh deals here.
Up to 53% off a Hot Thermal Pool Entry or a Wairakei Terraces Walkway Entry (value up to $25)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Bathe at the bottom of silica terraces in a series of hot pools that will keep you warm long after you have left the water.
- Grab up to 53% off entry to the thermal pools or entry to the Wairakei Terraces walkway.
- The Wairakei silica terraces are the crowing jewel in this mystical place and are forming naturally everyday providing a unique window into how the original pink and white versions once looked, a must see.
- Intricate Maori carvings posted throughout a one hour walk depict the stories and history of Maori and New Zealand
- The Wairakei Terraces will entertain and educate leaving you in awe of nature’s capacity to be fashioned yet still retaining a naturalness that is pleasing to the eye as well as the senses
A century ago, the bubbling and steaming lands of Waiora Valley brought travelers from far and wide by train, horse and on occasion by foot. They all traveled to soak in the therapeutic pools and marvel at the boiling earth amid the array of coloured silica’s and bright green ferns and mosses. Uncover why this is one of New Zealand's greatest spots, with today's great deal.
Explore the beauty of Wairakei Terraces. Choose from three great options thanks to Wairakei Terraces.
- Pay only $7 for entry to Wairakei Terraces walkway.
- Pay only $12 for a hot thermal pool entry.
A century ago, the bubbling and steaming lands of Waiora Valley at Wairakei, brought travellers from far and wide by train, horse and on occasion by foot. Descriptive writings by early explorers who travelled to the Wairakei thermal area at the turn of the last century, tell of a place so remarkable that at first sight it appeared to be artificially designed by man’s hand.
This previously forbidden land of terraces, geysers, springs and mud holes, with its growth of varied vegetation, its rich beauty of ferns, its vivid green carpet of rare and beautiful mosses and its luxuriant trees, were described to the outside world as a natural phenomenon unlikely to be found anywhere else.
Testimonies handed down through the years by affluent and noble men and women, conveyed how one would feel revitalised and rejuvenated having ‘taken the waters’ at Wairakei. Maori who settled here around 1000 years ago believed the waters contained healing powers and qualities that aided the treatment of skin diseases and brought relief to people suffering arthritic and rheumatic ailments.
The Wairakei Terraces & Thermal Health Spa is located on the Thermal Explorer Highway; it borders the Wairakei steam field, across the road from the Wairakei Resort Hotel and next to the BP petrol station. This is the gathering place and departure point for visitors to the geothermal Steamfield and serves as the entrance-way to the Wairakei Terraces Walkway, the Wairakei Terraces Maori Cultural Experience, the thermal hot pools and massage therapy.