We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other sweet deals here.
Tin Soldier - Ponsonby Road
$29 for Two Small Plates & a Carafe of Scott Base Wine or One Jug of Dedwood Brewery Co. Craft Beer or $58 for Four Small Plates & Two Carafes of Scott Base Wine or Two Jugs of Dedwood Brewery Co. Craft Beer (value up to $120)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Hit the heart of Ponsonby for an after-work blow-out.
- Grab two small plates and a carafe of Scott Base wine or one jug of Dedwood Brewery Co. craft beer at Tin Soldier for $29.
- Upgrade to four plates with two carafes or jugs for $58.
- Enjoy the lively social atmosphere with all of your friends.
- Choose from a tempting menu of small plates including lamb hotdogs and fancy cheese on toast.
The Steadfast Tin Soldier by Hans Christian Andersen is a sad tale indeed. First the tin soldier is left with only one leg because there's not enough melted tin to finish him. Then he meets the girl of his dreams, only to end up consumed by fire. Tales like that really make you want to see your friends, grab a beer and cherish life together...maybe with some nibbles to ease the pain.
Pay $29 for two small plates, a carafe of Scott Base wine or one jug of Dedwood Brewery Co. craft beer at Tin Soldier. Upgrade to four plates with either two carafes of Scott Base or two jugs of Dedwood for just $58.
Among all the high-end boutiques and crafty small businesses on Ponsonby road there sits a laid-back place where all are welcome. Knock off work early and head to the Tin Soldier for a fun evening out. You'll be digging into either two or four small plates of your choice – and with options like soldier boy jammers and lamb hotdogs, what a hard choice it'll be. Wash it all down with a cool Scott Base wine or some Dedwood Brewing Co. Craft beer and enjoy the lively atmosphere.
More Great Auckland Deals
Golden Sands Cafe - Browns Bay
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.