We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other awesome deals here.
James – kitchen
From $85 for a 4-Course Shared Set Banquet incl. Pre-Dinner Cocktail
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Discover modern-casual dining right here, in Auckland.
- Grab a four-course shared set banquet including pre-dinner cocktail at James from just $85.
- Pick from dining options for groups of up to ten people.
- Opt for an intimate and unforgettable night out with your sweetheart, or get a crew together for a special night.
- Indulge in liquid accompaniments from James' comprehensive wine list.
There are only so many nights spent wrestling with your partner over takeaway menus or hanging out near the pantry that one can handle.
Discover modern-casual dining by grabbing a four-course shared set banquet including pre-dinner cocktail at James from just $85. Make it a romantic affair to remember for two, or pick from the following options:
- Pay just $85 for two people.
- Pay just $169 for four people.
- Pay just $249 for six people.
- Pay just $320 for eight people.
- Pay just $399 for ten people.
The moment you step inside James, you'll be welcomed by a one-of-a-kind dining experience. From elegant ceiling-to-floor curtains, to breathtaking chandeliers, the dramatic and unique ambience sets the perfect scene for one of Auckland's hottest dining spots. Synonymous with the art of modern-casual dining, their mouth-watering shared plates provide the perfect opportunity to catch up with friends.
Before sampling a selection of their favourite shared plates, you'll be treated to a pre-dinner cocktail including their new Skinny Cocktail. If you're in the mood for something special to accompany your set banquet, James have an impressive selection of wine and French champagne that can be ordered by the glass. Prepare to tantalise your taste buds on their chef's star dishes, and enjoy modern dining as it should be, right in the heart of Parnell.
The set menu includes:
First Course: Tortilla, olives and black bean dip. Croquette, smoked Kahawai and lemon aioli. Butter-poached Kapiti crab, dill, mayo and tostada.
Second Course: Beef cheek, carrot mash and sherry jus. Pork belly, apple cider relish and red slaw. Grilled portobello mushrooms, garlic and sherry vinegar.
Third Course: Paella pan chicken, chorizo, seafood and bomba rice, Saffron Chef’s green salad.
Dessert: Valrhona chocolate fondant and vanilla ice cream or apple tart with apple syrup ice cream.
"This is about as good as it gets. The food is all about freshness, style and presentation. And here one of Auckland's finest chefs gives a lesson in how to create smaller dishes with balanced flavours and textures that can be savoured and shared with friends."
"James makes Auckland feel like a bigger city than it really is. It's in a bunker-style building, a concrete block that was once a steel mill at the bottom of Parnell rise, flanked by advertising agencies. Inside, the world outside disappears, and you're ensconced in a stark space, moodily lit and softened by wonderfully camp touches..."
"This is glossy, heady dining, good food and a neat segue between cosy dining and full on luxury fare..."
More Great Auckland Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.