We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other awesome deals here.
James – kitchen
From $85 for a 4-Course Shared Set Banquet incl. Pre-Dinner Cocktail
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Discover modern-casual dining right here, in Auckland.
- Grab a four-course shared set banquet including pre-dinner cocktail at James from just $85.
- Pick from dining options for groups of up to ten people.
- Opt for an intimate and unforgettable night out with your sweetheart, or get a crew together for a special night.
- Indulge in liquid accompaniments from James' comprehensive wine list.
There are only so many nights spent wrestling with your partner over takeaway menus or hanging out near the pantry that one can handle.
Discover modern-casual dining by grabbing a four-course shared set banquet including pre-dinner cocktail at James from just $85. Make it a romantic affair to remember for two, or pick from the following options:
- Pay just $85 for two people.
- Pay just $169 for four people.
- Pay just $249 for six people.
- Pay just $320 for eight people.
- Pay just $399 for ten people.
The moment you step inside James, you'll be welcomed by a one-of-a-kind dining experience. From elegant ceiling-to-floor curtains, to breathtaking chandeliers, the dramatic and unique ambience sets the perfect scene for one of Auckland's hottest dining spots. Synonymous with the art of modern-casual dining, their mouth-watering shared plates provide the perfect opportunity to catch up with friends.
Before sampling a selection of their favourite shared plates, you'll be treated to a pre-dinner cocktail including their new Skinny Cocktail. If you're in the mood for something special to accompany your set banquet, James have an impressive selection of wine and French champagne that can be ordered by the glass. Prepare to tantalise your taste buds on their chef's star dishes, and enjoy modern dining as it should be, right in the heart of Parnell.
The set menu includes:
First Course: Tortilla, olives and black bean dip. Croquette, smoked Kahawai and lemon aioli. Butter-poached Kapiti crab, dill, mayo and tostada.
Second Course: Beef cheek, carrot mash and sherry jus. Pork belly, apple cider relish and red slaw. Grilled portobello mushrooms, garlic and sherry vinegar.
Third Course: Paella pan chicken, chorizo, seafood and bomba rice, Saffron Chef’s green salad.
Dessert: Valrhona chocolate fondant and vanilla ice cream or apple tart with apple syrup ice cream.
"This is about as good as it gets. The food is all about freshness, style and presentation. And here one of Auckland's finest chefs gives a lesson in how to create smaller dishes with balanced flavours and textures that can be savoured and shared with friends."
"James makes Auckland feel like a bigger city than it really is. It's in a bunker-style building, a concrete block that was once a steel mill at the bottom of Parnell rise, flanked by advertising agencies. Inside, the world outside disappears, and you're ensconced in a stark space, moodily lit and softened by wonderfully camp touches..."
"This is glossy, heady dining, good food and a neat segue between cosy dining and full on luxury fare..."
More Great Auckland Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
GrabOne’s Voucher Guarantee means missing out on claiming your deal in time no longer means losing out altogether!
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
- If you don't use your voucher before that date for whatever reason, it can still be used as credit towards that service with that business for an additional three months.
For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still use the amount you paid for the voucher as credit towards a bungy jump, for another three months.
A few things to note:
- The GrabOne Voucher Guarantee does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- It's always best to use your voucher before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your vouchers are about to expire.
- During the extended Voucher Guarantee period, your voucher can only be put towards the service stated on the voucher.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the Voucher Guarantee can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.