We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other cool deals here.
Giapo Ice Cream
$10 for Three Delectably Designed Ice-Cream Tasters Made by 12 of Auckland's Top Chef's to Raise $10,000 for Starship Children's Hospital - Valid on December 21
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Grab three espresso-sized special edition ice cream tasting cups from Giapo on Saturday 21 December between 12.30pm - 7.30pm for just $10.
- All proceeds raised will go towards buying a new high performance fetal heart monitor for Starship Children's Hospital.
- Choose from 12 different flavours designed by 12 of New Zealand's top chefs.
- Flavours include Eton mess, cherry pie, avocado and sunflower seeds, banoffee pie and lamington.
Twelve of New Zealand’s most talented chefs have come together this Christmas to create a unique menu of ice creams, inspired by their own lifetime experiences and all-time favourite flavours, to raise funds for Starship Children’s Hospital. This has never happened before and might not happen again. To celebrate, we are offering a special opportunity through GrabOne to try three espresso-sized special edition ice cream tasting cups from Giapo for only $10. This deal will be valid on Saturday 21 December from 12.30pm - 7.30pm only.
The chefs have let their imaginations run wild, with several transforming popular dishes on their own restaurant menus into exciting ice cream concoctions. Sid Sarawhat from Sidart has given us an orange liquorice toffee recipe, while Des Harris from Clooney is providing a delightfully fresh lemon verbena sherbet, using creamy mascarpone instead of the traditional milk. Michael Meredith has contributed an old kiwi classic, the lamington. The chefs involved, and their flavours, are listed below:
- Robert Oliver (chef and cookbook writer) – Siamu Popo
- Michael Meredith (Meredith’s Restaurant) – Lamington
- Kyle Street (head chef at Depot) – Banoffee Pie
- Sid Sarawhat (chef at Sidart Restaurant) – Blood Orange, Liquorice and Toffee
- Julian Balsani (The Grove) – Mango Green Pepper
- Giulio Sturla (chef at Root Restaurant Christchurch) – Dulce de Leche
- Des Harris (chef at Clooney) – Lemon Verbena and Vanilla Sherbet
- Kevin Blakeman (private chef and recipe developer) – Eton Mess
- Bevan Smith (chef at Riverstone Kitchen) – Zabaione Black Berries with Panettone
- Mark Southon (executive chef at The Foodstore) – Cherry Pie
- Yael Shochat (chef at Ima) – Halva and Amaretto
- Gianpaolo Grazioli (head chef at Giapo Ice Cream) – Avocado and Sunflower Seeds
These top chef ice creams will be for sale at the Giapo ice cream store in Auckland on Saturday 21 December, from 12.30pm – 7.00pm, for one day only. Proceeds will help Starship purchase a high performance fetal heart monitor. This sophisticated new monitor has built-in computerised data to support the clinician’s assessment and will help accurately monitor the well-being of mother and baby. 100% revenue from the day will go towards the cause.
This special day for Starship is set to be a tantalizing explosion of taste, textures and unique flavour combinations. Don’t miss the opportunity to taste a once-only special edition ice cream made by top kiwi chefs.