We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other cool deals here.
$9 for a Ticket to a Movie of Your Choice at EVENT Cinemas Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton, New Plymouth or Wellington (value up to $16.50)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Summer is almost over. Boo. Winter movie watching is almost upon us. YAY!
- Grab a ticket to a movie of your choice at EVENT Cinemas Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton, New Plymouth or Wellington, for just $9.
- Head along to a new release or a flick you just haven't got around to seeing yet - or hang onto your ticket until something really awesome comes out.
- Grab a whole bunch each and get your entertainment sorted.
It's March and summer is, as much as we hate to say it, nearing the end of existence. This is very sad because a) I am still quite white, b) it's getting much harder to get out of bed in the morning, and c) rain plus my hair equals a really big fluffy mess. One awesome thing about the arrival of winter, though, is the excuse to watch movies all the time. What to do on a long cold night? GO TO THE MOVIES! What to do on a rainy Saturday afternoon? GO TO THE MOVIES! What to do when all your mates want to do is lie in bed and read a book? FINE! I'M GOING TO THE MOVIES!
And EVENT Cinemas is coming to the party with super cheap movie tickets for super awesome movies. Pay just $9 for a ticket to a movie of your choice at EVENT Cinemas Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton, New Plymouth or Wellington, and banish the boredom this chilly season.
Oscar season might be over, but the Oscar winners will be in the cinemas for weeks to come. Haven't got around to seeing Colin Firth's or Natalie Portman's award-winning performances yet? A) shame on you and b) now you can for cheap!
Keen for a little humour? Hankering after a healthy dose of Kiwi movie watching? Dying for a scare? Thirsty for some drama? At EVENT Cinemas you're just about guaranteed to find a flick that suits your tastes down to a tee.
While today's deal is awesome, there are a few movies you won't be able to see with it. Tickets are not valid for 3D movies, Gold Class, Deluxe, IMAX, special events or film festival screenings, and you're not allowed to buy a tonne of tickets, then on-sell them and become a millionaire. Stock up on your cooler-weather movie-watching experience today and escape the boredom of gloomy weather.
More Great Auckland Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
If you don't use your coupons before they expire, they're still worth the money you paid for them for an extra three months.
GrabOne FaceValue gives you another three months after your coupons expire, making it even easier to enjoy businesses all over New Zealand.
How does it work?
- A coupon is valid up until and including the expiry date printed on the coupon.
- If you don't use it before the expiry date for whatever reason, the coupon retains the value you paid for it for an additional three months.
- This means you can turn up to the business up to three months after the coupon has expired and put the money you spent to buy that coupon towards the service or experience printed on your coupon.
For example, if you spend $50 on a $100 dining voucher but don't use it before the expiry date, you will still be entitled to $50 worth of food and beverage services at that business for an additional three months.
The same goes for coupons without monetary values assigned to them. For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still put the money you spent on the coupon towards a bungy jump, for another three months. Remember, the FaceValue of your coupon can only be put toward the service or experience printed on your coupon.
A few things to note:
- FaceValue applies to all deals that display the FaceValue icon. If the icon is not on a deal, FaceValue does not apply.
- It's always best to use your coupon before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your coupons are about to expire.
- During the FaceValue period, your coupon can only be put towards the service stated on the coupon.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the FaceValue of your coupon can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- FaceValue does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- The conditions on your coupon still apply during the FaceValue grace period.