We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other cool deals here.
Barry's Wine Tours
Up to 40% off Wine Tastings, Vineyard Walk & Talk, Lunch at BeesOnline Cafe & a Tour to Muriwai Beach & Gannet Colony (value $130)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Learn all there is to know about the subtleties behind the varieties of wine.
- Grab two wine tastings, vineyard walk, Muriwai Beach and gannet colony Tours and a Beesonline Cafe lunch for only $79
- Or you could pay just $69 for three wine tastings and a vineyard and winery walk and talk, from Barry's wine tours.
- Let Barry take you on a tour that is sure to keep you entertained and intrigued.
Everyone loves a nice drop of West Auckland wine. Sadly, hardly anyone knows where to get the best, nor do they know the history of the region, the subtleties behind the varieties, where to find a great bite to eat between tastings, or how to show everyone a great time. Actually, there's only one person who can do all that.
Pay just $79 for two wine tastings, vineyard walk, Muriwai Beach and gannet colony Tours and a Beesonline Cafe lunch, or you could pay just $69 for three wine tastings and a vineyard and winery walk and talk, from Barry's wine tours.
Barry has West Auckland wine in his veins and knows the region like the back of his wine-holding hand. He'll pick you up from your home and take you on an entertaining, informative and unforgettable tour of the very best in Auckland wine. Here's a breakdown on your choices:
Option one, 10.45am - 3.00pm: Two wine tastings, vineyard walk and talk plus lunch at BeesOnline Cafe www.beesonline.co.nz and walk of Muriwai beach and gannet colony
The fun begins as Barry picks up passengers from one pick up point (anywhere along route shown on Barry's wine tours site). The first stop is Soljan's Estate Winery where Barry will provide you with a vineyard walk and talk. Here you get to enjoy a wine tasting (approximately five wines) at the cellars to loosen the tongue. You will then receive expert advice on styles and varieties tasted.
After that you will be taken for lunch at BeesOnline cafe in Waimauku. Where you can have a choice of five lunch options:
- Brioche – French toasted brioche, strawberry jam, mascarpone and banana (bush honey glazed bacon optional).
- BLT – bush honey glazed bacon, tomato, mixed salad leaf on focaccia with aioli pesto and tomato jam (chicken breast optional).
- Spiced mussel fritter with minted yoghurt, crisped prosciutto and watercress, red onion and preserved lemon salad.
- Steak sandwich - dukkah rubbed angus- cross sirloin steak in Turkish pide with harissa aioli, tawari honey onion jam and cucumber, red onion and mixed leaf salad.
- Vegetarian dish of the day – please see café black boards, or phone to enquire.
- Includes tea and coffee
After a delicious wee lunch you will then head out to Muriwai beach where you'll get a close look at the gannet colony and some great views of the west coast and take a walk along Muriwai beach. After Muriwai you will travel to the scenic Westbrook Winery and taste a further group of wines to discover a few new favourites. Here, you may wish to try your hand at outdoor chess or have a game of petanque. After the day's events you will be dropped back to your original pick-up point. Barry also will give information and history of the areas as you travel.
Option two: 1.00pm - 4.30pm: Three wine tastings and vineyard and winery walk and talk
Your adventure begins as Barry collects you from your pick up point (anywhere along route shown on Barry's wine tours site). The first stop is Soljan's Estate Winery where Barry will provide you with a vineyard walk and talk. Here you get to enjoy a wine tasting (approximately five wines) at the cellars to loosen the tongue. You will then receive expert advice on styles and varieties tasted.
You will then travel to the Constellation Group (Nobilo's winery) where you can taste wines from four top companies - Nobilo's, Selak's, Monkey Bay and Kim Crawford. After this you'll travel to the scenic Westbrook Winery and taste a further group of wines and have a go at outdoor chess or have a game of petanque while you're there. Barry will then drop you off at your original pick-up point.
More Great Auckland Deals
Deals in Other Regions
Getting more bang for your buck
GrabOne’s Voucher Guarantee means missing out on claiming your deal in time no longer means losing out altogether!
How does it work?
- A voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date stated.
- If you don't use your voucher before that date for whatever reason, it can still be used towards that service with that business for an additional 30 days.
For example, if you buy a bungy jump deal but don’t use it before the expiry date, you can still use the amount you paid for the voucher towards a bungy jump, for another 30 days.
A few things to note:
- The GrabOne Voucher Guarantee does not apply to product deals, travel and accommodation-related deals, or time-dependent event deals.
- It's always best to use your voucher before the expiry date, so you get the most value for your money. And if you're a bit forgetful, we now automatically remind you if your vouchers are about to expire.
- During the extended Voucher Guarantee period, your voucher can only be put towards the service stated on the voucher.
- If the offer is seasonal, like a seasonal menu or chimney sweep service, the Voucher Guarantee can be put towards a similar offer at the merchant's discretion.
- The conditions on your voucher still apply during the Voucher Guarantee period.