We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other fresh deals here.
Barry's Wine Tours
$79 for Wine Tastings at Two Vineyards & BeesOnline Cafe Lunch (value $130)
1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
- Learn all there is to know about the subtleties behind the varieties of wine.
- Grab wine tastings at two vineyards and a BeesOnline Cafe lunch from Barry's wine tour for $79.
- Sip on the most exquisite wines to loosen your tongue.
- Enjoy a lovely lunch choosing from five fabulous options.
- Visit two wonderful wineries - Soljan's Estate and Westbrook Winery.
Winter is a time for sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace, while summer is the season of wine and being merry.
Pay $79 for wine tastings at two vineyards and a BeesOnline Cafe lunch from Barry's wine tours. Please note the tour on the 7th February also goes to Muriwai and the gannet colony (the others do not).
The fun begins as Barry picks up passengers from one pick up point (anywhere along route shown on Barry's wine tours site). The first stop is Soljan's Estate Winery where Barry will provide you with a vineyard walk and talk. Here you get to enjoy a wine tasting (approximately five wines) at the cellars to loosen the tongue. You will then receive expert advice on styles and varieties tasted.
After that you will be taken for lunch at BeesOnline cafe in Waimauku. Where you can have a choice of five lunch options:
- Brioche – French toasted brioche, strawberry jam, mascarpone and banana (bush honey glazed bacon optional).
- BLT – bush honey-glazed bacon, tomato, mixed salad leaf on focaccia with aioli pesto and tomato jam (chicken breast optional).
- Spiced mussel fritter with minted yoghurt, crisped prosciutto and watercress, red onion and preserved lemon salad.
- Steak sandwich - dukkah-rubbed angus- cross sirloin steak in Turkish pide with harissa aioli, tawari honey onion jam and cucumber, red onion and mixed leaf salad.
- Vegetarian dish of the day – please see café black boards, or phone to enquire.
- Includes tea and coffee
After your delicious lunch you'll head off to Westbrook Winery for further wine tastings. Boasting an outdoor over-sized chess board and petanque pitch if you wish to stay for a bottle of wine (not included) you're guaranteed to have a ball.